Our annual fees are broken down by Key Stages 1 to 5 (Year Groups 1-13) and are made up of School Fees and a Capital Fee.
To work out what Key Stage or Year Group your child is in, please see our Admissions Page.
Annual Fees 2023-2024:
|Foundation Stage||School Fee|
|Foundation 1 - Part Week (2 days)||€6,432|
|Foundation 1 - Part Week (3 days)||€9,648|
|Foundation 1 - Full-Time||€16,080|
|Foundation 2 - Full-Time||€17,040|
Fee and Payment Structure
- The annually invoiced fees can be paid in 3 instalments if preferred.
- Foundation 1 - Part Week (2 days) €2,144 per term
- Foundation 1 - Part Week (3 days) €3,216 per term
- Foundation 1 - Full Time (5 days) €5,360 per term
- Foundation 2 - Full Time (5 days) €5,680 per term
- In cases where school entry is delayed until after a half-term due to the age of the child, fees and payments will be adjusted accordingly.
- Enrolment & Capital Fees are not applicable for the Foundation Stage
Key Stages 1 to 5
|Key Stage||Year Group||School Fee|
|Key Stage 1||Years 1-2||€17,550|
|Key Stage 2||Years 3-6||€18,120|
|Key Stage 3||Years 7-9||€23,940|
|Key Stage 4||Years 10-11 (GCSE)||€24,660|
|Key Stage 5||Years 12-13 (A Level / IB)||€25,290|
Fee and Payment Structure
- Fees are invoiced annually* and, for returning students, are due in August before the start of the school year in September.
- The Annual Fees include compulsory (day) trips and residentials (Key Stage 2, 3, 4 and 5) and exams (Key Stage 4 and 5, and CNaVT exam).
- New students starting at the BSN in September will be invoiced within the first month of starting school.
- For students joining during the course of the academic year, fees are calculated in half-term units and invoiced accordingly.
- Students leaving during the course of the year will be reimbursed on a termly basis if notice is given timely.
All compulsory (day) trips and residentials are also included in the Annual Fees. Compulsory trips are those which all students of the year group are expected to go on (as they form part of the curriculum). This includes up to ten days per year, including residentials, day trips and in-school activity days. Transport (on coaches) for these trips is also included.
All GCSE, A level, BTEC, IB and CNaVT exam entry costs are included in the Annual Fees.
* In exceptional cases, where parents' circumstances prevent them from paying fees as one annual payment (e.g. they carry the entire burden of the Fees and receive no assistance at all from an employer), parents can contact the Finance Department to apply for an alternative staged payment option. The school is not able to offer discounts on fees.
- Enrolment Fee: A single, one-off payment of €2,000 per student is required upon enrolment. Please note, where a child has been with us for the whole of Foundation 2, there is no enrolment fee when they join Year 1.
- Capital Fee: A Capital Fee will be charged annually once your child reaches Year 1. This is equivalent to a contribution of a 7% surcharge on the School Fees to ensure the school’s quality over the longer term and is applied to the development of the school’s infrastructure and facilities.
- Uniform Costs: Families should expect to pay around €250 for the initial cost of a full school uniform (basic set). If your child takes part in a sport or CCA, an additional kit may be needed. Uniforms (including sports kits) can also be bought second-hand from the Family Association’s second-hand uniform sales.
Below are the details of extra costs, which may be incurred whilst your child is at the BSN.
The information below provides a general overview of these costs to allow you to forecast potential expenditures.
Not all of these costs will apply to each family.
The cost for BSN school transport varies according to the type of bus service that your child will be using (e.g. door to door minibus, for Junior and Senior students) or coach service (Senior only) and distance from the school. The minimum registration is for one term. Fees paid cover the costs of transportation (the BSN makes no profit).
Food and Drink (Senior School)
A small amount for daily spend at the school cafe.
Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
- The fees for Learning Support Assistance are € 46,440 per student.
When you are leaving the BSN, a formal notification of leaving must be given to the School Office through our notice of leaving form.
The following dates are the deadlines for receipt of notification of leaving in the school year 2023 - 2024:
|Leaving Date||Notice Required By||Fee Reimbursement|
|End of Autumn Term (Tuesday 19 December 2023)||Friday 29 September 2023||Two terms' fees reimbursed|
|End of Spring Term (Thursday 28 March 2024)||Friday 26 January 2024||One term's fees reimbursed|
|End of Summer Term (Thursday 18 July 2024)||Friday 29 March 2024||No reimbursement|
Please note that any of our departing families that fail to make a formal notification by these dates would be liable to pay the full fee for the following term for (all) their child(ren), as set out below:
|Until 29 September 2023 (Formal Notice of Leaving Date)||No fee due for Spring Term|
|Until 31 October 2023||50% of Spring Term's fee due|
|From 01 November 2023||100% of Spring Term's fee due|
|Until 26 January 2024 (Formal Notice of Leaving Date)||No fee due for Summer Term|
|Until 29 February 2024||50% of Summer Term's fee due|
|From 01 March 2024||100% of Summer Term's fee due|
Until 29 March 2024 (Formal Notice of Leaving Date)
|No fee due for Autumn Term|
Until 30 April 2024
|50% of Autumn Term's fee due|
From 01 May 2024
|100% of Autumn Term's fee due|
Students leaving the school must ensure all obligations are met before the BSN can forward the final records to the next school or University.